Our specialist teams are competent, experienced and trained in the safe movement of materials which may be hazardous by virtue of their chemical, physical or biological properties, e.g. their toxicity, flammability, pressure, temperature. These movements include the frequent transport of a range of solvents (including flammables), other chemicals, cryogenic liquids and solids, compressed gases, etc., throughout the UK and the world.
Our strict processes and protocols address the full range of Health and Safety legislation, both general and specific, relating to the transport of hazardous materials, which include:
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSW)
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)
- The Pressure Systems and Transportable Gas Containers Regulations 1989
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- The Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999
- The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations 2002
- Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations 2005
Under these Regulations we always fully consider the hazards associated with materials and systems of work and undertake a written assessment of significant risks prior to commencement.
We fully meet all areas of legislation that requires our teams involved in the handling and transport of hazardous materials to be adequately trained, competent and made aware of the hazards and risks associated with their activities and are given suitable and sufficient information and advice.
Our trained drivers hold ADR training certificates. ADR is a European agreement and standard which sets out the requirements for classifying, packaging, labelling, transporting and certifying dangerous goods.
We employ a permanent Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA) who is assigned to every hazardous goods relocation and has the main responsibility for monitoring compliance with all dangerous goods regulations.
We take care of all aspects of hazardous goods relocation by preparing and managing all the documentation for transportation. Our attention to detail and methodical approach makes sure that risks are minimised and deadlines are met.